Friday, November 16, 2012

Whoops! Not again

Well, I did it again. I broke one of the many "rules" of photography. Sigh..

I have been taking some Webinar classes on correct posing for portraits. Although I am not a big fan of "posed" pictures and I don't do in-studio portraits, I have realized I need to pay a little more attention to "fine tune posing". Simple things like what are the subjects feet doing, are they standing at a flattering angle and what to do with their chins, hair, hands.
SO when the subject of hands came up I was pretty excited. You see I love hands. I assume you already know that since I have done two full blog posts on hands. You can only imagine how disappointed I was to have the instructor say "NEVER photograph the back of someone's hands, especially a woman's hands, NEVER"!

Well great! This rates right up there with the NEVER take TILTED pictures (see blog post Tilted) mistake...and guess what??? I am STILL going to DO IT! I love hands! (I know I said that already) I think our hands say so much about us. I understand the premise, just not the "rule".


I do promise to not let any subject put their hands under their chins or over their faces or chest but you can expect more photos of every hand I come into contact with. I think I just felt the instructor shudder. Oh my....poor guy I take comfort in knowing he doesn't read my blog and is therefor protected from the horror of the hands.

Always remember to use your creative license and keep snappin'
Jeanne

Side note: Some of the very beautiful hands I feature belong to a good friend and her beautiful family. (She loves hands to) Visit her new fun blog when you get a chance www.suchbeautifuldoubt.blogspot.com.

~~All of the photos on this blog are protected by copyright and are the property of Jeanne May and Brick Road Photo. Thank you for not reproducing them without permission.~~ www.brickroadphoto.com

2 comments:

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one