Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A little tilted

Hi all!
Fall is shaping up to be A.Mazing in East Texas!  I have had a few great fall photo sessions.  I have shared a few of them on my facebook page if you would like to check them out.

                                      This is one of my favorite pictures from a fall session.
 
Why? Well first there are the three stunning models I had, they made things so much fun, and of course I love the setting.  However, the primary reason I love this is because it is different.  It makes you look, I mean really look at the picture.

I adore photography (obviously) I love capturing a moment,  LOVE sharing the images I have taken, trying new things.  I abhor the "technical" side of photography.  I can't hardly stand the know it all discussions online and in classes about how a camera works and why one brand is better than another and why we should never take "tilted" shots.....  oh pullease.....  even my camera is against tilted shots.  I have a level indicator in my camera that was screaming the entire time I took this, and I STILL love it!  

Sometimes this "stretch" of the rules works, sometimes it doesn't.....that my friends is why they invented the delete button!  It is also why I LOVE LOVE LOVE digital!  When I am feeling a bit "tilted" and want to try something new I don't have to think about the price of film and developing, I simply find  myself some willing practice subjects and spray and pray.  In other words I take a ton of test drive pictures and pray my creative license pays off.  I plan on wearing out that delete button until I get the shot that makes my client happy, the shot that doesn't look like everyone else's.
Sometimes a break is required during all of that spraying and praying, but eventually we will get the shot that makes you go "yup, that's my family".

Stay tilted and keep snappin'
Jeanne

~~All photos on this blog are protected by copyright and are the property of Jeanne May and Brick Road Photo.  Thank you for not reproducing them without permission~~ www.brickroadphoto.com

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one