Monday, February 11, 2013

Framed and Hung!

In my last blog post I talked about getting your pictures out of your camera or phone and backed up safe and sound.  If you missed the  HELD CAPTIVE! blog post, you should really go there now.....  Go ahead I will wait.......

OK now assuming you have all of your memories safe and sound, what's the next step?
SHOW THEM OFF!
No I am not talking about showing everyone a teeny tiny picture on your phone screen I am talking about showing them off big time baby! Frame and hang those treasured memories.

I like to decorate with my pictures, especially my family pictures.  I love walking into a room and being greeted by my sons, or my beautiful nieces faces, or the picture of my grandmother and my mother.  I am never alone, I always have family surrounding me.  Get the picture? *wink*

To help get you in the picture displaying mood, I thought I would share a few ideas.

If you have one of those families that doesn't really like to see their mugs on the wall, consider this:
We built a house last year and as the seasons have progressed I have taken a seasonal photo of the house.  This winter was extra special since we actually got snow for Christmas!  Yay! A Texas snow picture for my collection. 
I already had this awesome frame with three openings.  Summer in Texas is just a bit boring so I chose Spring, Fall and Winter. When I hung the frame it looked a little lonely so I added a few vinyl letters.  I am a huge Wizard Of Oz fan so was thrilled to find this particular saying.  I hate that ugly alarm control box on the wall, so I tried to camouflage it with some leftover vinyl. The OCD part of my personality just could NOT leave it alone. 

A couple of years ago I found this awesome framed saying  "The best things in life are not things"
It looks a little lonely up there by itself doesn't it?  I had always planned to surround it with family pictures, just couldn't decide on the frames, pictures or arrangement etc. In other words I used those excuses to procrastinate.   Well,  I finally made myself do it.

The hardest part is keeping everything level and straight. Lay it out on the floor, or use a laser leveling device if you have one, if not they are pretty inexpensive,  and measure measure measure.

Here is a quick tip....Since I did use different orientations when I hung my frames, all of the little hangers on the back weren't in the same place so I couldn't just draw a line and put my nails in, but I still needed to keep them level. After determining a straight line as a guide, I used toothpaste!  A little dab on the hanger, then lined up the top of my frame with my straight line and touched the wall and it left a perfect mark, (that wiped right off) for my nail placement. 

I went with this arrangement for a couple reasons.  First, I can easily add to it and keep it balanced (OCD thing again).  Second I can add more pictures to the left stacked three or five high. I am a bit of a picture freak (surprise) so I always want to plan for more more more.

Don't want to come up with your own arrangement?  There are a ton of prepackaged photo frame sets out there.  The do the arranging and plannng for you, you just add pictures.  Perfect!!
A few more ideas....
These are album frames. I found this picture on Pinterest and have to say
I love the contrast of the wall and the black and white photography
Another Pinterest idea.  Photos and memorabilia of a special time in a shadowbox frame. 
What a wonderful memory!
 
Spring is just around the corner!  Now is the time to schedule your spring memory session. Also the Brick Road Photo Booth is booking fast for Prom and Winter formals. 
 
Keep snappin' y'all!
Jeanne   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one