Friday, September 21, 2012

More Metal in the Street

This little beauty was in the sidewalk in Plymouth, MA. It is a water shut off valve. When I point the camera down for these metal beauties, my first impulse is to clear the garbage... love the leaves, hate the cigarette butts. BUTT for some reason I left them and I love the results. You don't really see them at first glance do you? BUTT if you will look closely... Ok ok I will stop...
Same picture, different filter. See those butts now? They add to it don't you think?
The thing that intrigues me about metal utility covers is that we spend most of our life walking or driving over them, not even noticing they are there. BUTT (sorry couldn't resist) without knowing it, we rely on them daily.
You should see the looks I get when when I position myself over one of them and take a picture. I have seen people walk over after I have walked away and look down and still can't figure out what I was taking a picture of. The evil part of me enjoys seeing people perplexed. The reality is they are thinking to themselves "what was that crazy girl doing?". That's ok with me, at least I made them look at something besides the obvious. It's all about perception.

Keep snappin', up down and all around
Jeanne

~~All of the photos on this blog are protected by copyright and are the property of Jeanne May and Brick Road Photo. Thank you for not reproducing them without permission.~~ www.brickroadphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one