Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Marking your territory

This is in the sidewalk in Plymouth, MA. I can a only assume it is the contractor(s) that did the construction or poured the concrete. I love the patina it has taken on over the years of weather and traffic.


Putting a nameplate on your work, to me says pride, quality and longevity. I have spent a great deal of my life in the west in and around the construction business. Contracting firms used to place bronze name plates on large buildings. It seems like now no one bothers. Is there no pride in their work? Or maybe they know it will be torn down, or up, in a few years anyway to make way for new. That is one of the things I love about the New England area. They cherish, protect, and have an incredible pride in the past.
Look up, look down, look all around, what are you missing on the ground?

Keep snappin'
Jeanne
~~All of the photos on this blog are protected by copyright and are the property of Jeanne May and Brick Road Photo. Thank you for not reproducing them without permission.~~ www.brickroadphoto.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one