Thursday, January 17, 2013

Making people cry

I enjoy making people cry.   O. K. wait, let me rephrase or at the very least explain
Yesterday I got to meet with Pam, the mother of Nathan. I recently did lifestyle Senior pictures of Nathan at the ball field where he grew up playing. I had sent Pam a few of the photo's I liked as I processed them, but yesterday she got to see all of them. I am happy to announce she got a little teary looking at a few of them.  

Nothing makes my heart sing like being able to touch someone through a photograph I have taken.
It is why I chose lifestyle, location photography. Lifestyle photo's make it more than just a picture, they make it a memory of not only the photos themselves but of the time spent in a special place taking them.


Nathan is a great guy. He lettered in Baseball at John Tyler High School so his letterman's jacket and of course class ring needed to be a focal point ( I LOVE props)



I let him choose the location of the photo shoot, and must say I was thrilled when he chose the baseball fields. We had a great time doing different shots in different parts of the park.






Towards the end I asked him if there was any specific picture he wanted that we hadn't done, he put his arm around his mom and said "this".    It is no surprise that this made me choke up a bit, like I said he is a very special young man.



Thank you Nathan and Pam. I had a great day with you at the park. Thank you for letting me be a part of your memory.


Love the truck!


If you would like to see more of this photo session. www.brickroadphoto.smugmug.com, click on the Jacobs Gallery
Keep snappin'
Jeanne

4 comments:

  1. Girl, love the shot of him sitting in the dugout and especially the one of his glove/class ring! Good job!!! He will treasure those photos for the rest of his life!

    Keep makin' people cry! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cristi! He was the perfect subject. If you would like to see the rest of them Go to: http://brickroadphoto.smugmug.com/ Then the Jacobs gallery. The Taylor and Mouser Gallery may interest you as well *wink*
      Thanks for looking and for the sweet comment.

      Delete
  2. Jeanne,
    Your doing it again!*wink**wink*
    Thank you for capturing this very special moment in Nathan's life and making this wonderful memory possible!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww Pam THANK YOU for letting me be a part of it! It was great to spend time with both of you.
      Jeanne

      Delete

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one