Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Christmas Cards

Christmas Cards! Just typing that made me {{shudder}}. I love Christmas but by the time it is over I have had enough of all things holly and jolly.

Not sure what to do with those Christmas cards and letters hanging around from this season? I have to admit I usually don't keep the cards unless they have a letter written inside. This year instead of turning them into landfill, I decided to organize and repurpose.

Here is how my Christmas card organizing went
FIRST: I save all of the Christmas letters especially the handwritten ones. They go in my Christmas box until next year. Before I write Christmas cards the following year I re-read them. It makes the card sending process next year so much more personal. Then they get pitched and replaced with the curent years letters.

SECOND: I LOVE photo's!! (surprise) I adore the photo Christmas cards people send. My sister Colleen has done a "year in pictures" Christmas letter for several years. I must say it is one of my favorites. I usually scan it in and create a digital copy so I can see it anytime of the year I want to. yay!
ANYWAY..... This year I put all of the photo cards together, including one of the cards we sent. Then printed one of my favorite pictures of the season and put the current year on it, placed it on top of the photo cards and punched a hole and tied them together.
I discoverd when going through some old photo Christmas Cards that several have no date on them. NOTE TO SELF: ALWAYS include a date on those treasures!
If you have a lot of cards you may want to use a metal binder ring. For me the ribbon worked just fine.

THIRD: I found this awesome big tag punch at Hobby Lobby. I took the Christmas Cards that would have usually been trashed and used the punch to strategically punch gift tags for next year! VIOLA!! Saved from the landfill and beautiful gift tags for free! Since there is no writing on the backside, it is the perfect place and size to "address" your gift.

Another use for the tag punch....
Find special pictures of your gift recipients, print a copy and punch out a wonderful, personalized gift tag! No writing needed, they just find their picture under the tree. Even my anti-cutesy guys thought they were cool!

I ADORE this tag punch and can't wait to find more uses for it!

Keep Snappin'
Jeanne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make me HaPpY! Please leave one